Tuesday 8 January 2013

For the love of Liberty

I think it is now safe to say that my favourite fabric is Liberty's Tana Lawn.  With such a high thread count it makes such beautiful, soft items and of course it comes in a wide range of tiny prints which are perfect for dolls dresses.



Having found a (another) new blog to drool over Liberty addict I've realised that I also may have become a bit of a Liberty fabric collector, why else would I be bidding on tiny pieces of fabric that definitely won't make a dolls dress on Ebay?  Well because, you know, it might come in handy, right?

Also feeding my collecting habit is my Pinterest board "Liberty Love" where I store up gorgeous pictures of Liberty fabric with the vain hope that one day I might make something with it!!

However I am starting the year with good intentions and I am nearly finished making a new top for me, using Liberty Tana Lawn "Glenjade" and have a pattern and material for a top for my daughter using Liberty "Eloise".  



Although from this photo it looks like I have a long way to go, better get on with some sewing then!

The Dolls Dressmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment