Friday 27 April 2012

Plastic

As a child I loved toys. Not a shocking statement I agree but I enjoyed collecting little figures, stationery, stickers you name it. As an adult one tends to move away from these things, having much bigger and more expensive necessities to spend ones money on.

Then children come along and you are allowed back into the world of toys! When my children were small I ralied against plastic toys, most obviously the loud noisy battery eating ones, but as the children got older their toys got smaller and are usually exclusively made of plastic.

Some I detest, some I love but only in their proper place, i.e. not on the floor for me to stand on, I'm talking about you Lego! and some I buy for myself and pretend they are for the children...




Littlest Pet Shop Blythes! Bright, garish colours, tiny plastic pieces and yet I love them. Perhaps because I wouldn't mind a real Blythe but can't justify the expense. However these little ladies are getting a Liberty makeover, much to my daughters disgust....

The Dolls Dressmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment