Wednesday 23 May 2012

Posh Frocks

At the moment I am busy playing around with my usual dress design, trying to make it just a little bit better.


The dress I make is designed with small children in mind, following frustrating attempts on my daughters part to dress and undress her dolls herself, I decided a wrap around dress with velcro just might do the job.

However for older children or adults velcro isn't really necessary.  Following on this train of thought led me to think about making all of the dress just that bit fancier!

So using some wonderful Liberty of London fabric, this time a tana lawn called "Mitsi", which is really stunning and has bright, vibrant colours, I set about making a "posh frock".

The next step was to line the dress with plain Liberty fabric, giving a very delicate drapey feel to the dress.


For a bit of elegant detail I have added some lace and hand sewn some small, glass beads to the front.


As there isn't any velcro I am adding metal poppers and some fabric covered buttons to the reverse, which is my next step.  

It's been fun and I intend to make some more "fancy" versions of my dress!

In other news, if you are in need of some small/craft business tips head over to Cupcakes for Clara blog.  Laura is spending this week talking about "getting down to business" and I have really enjoyed her posts so far.  Lots of inspiration and helpful tips!

The Dolls Dressmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment