Tuesday 14 February 2012

The Dress

So finally I have added some of my dolls dresses onto Etsy.  The dresses themselves are just versions of the same pattern, a pattern which I based on one of my daughters dresses and to be easy for little hands to play with.

Pink squares with shell star button
They have either little capped sleeves or are sleeveless and have a velcro fastening at the back.

Reverside of above dress showing easy to use velcro

The generous cross-over, the velcro and the sleeves all mean that this dress fits quite a wide range of dolls.  We have a 36cm/14inch Miss Corolle doll, a Bebe Do doll, a My Child doll and the Froken Skicklig 45cm doll which I made.  Friends have let us try the dress on a Baby Annabel and a Baby Born doll.  The dress fits comfortably on all these dolls and fits as a tunic on the large Waldorf style doll.

A grey and pink dress with pink butterfly button and pink cotton edging

The dresses are all fully lined either with plain white cotton or sometimes with something a bit more interesting!

My overall goals for this dress were based on what I wanted for my daughter when I was looking for clothes for her Miss Corolle and Bebe Do dolls.  They had to be easy to play with, well -made, classic and interesting fabrics and for it to fit a wide range of dolls. 

I can only wait and see now if anyone else agrees with me!

The Dolls Dressmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment