Monday 14 November 2011

Inspiration

For a long time I have been in love with the joy that is playing with dolls.  It started with A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett, the vivid memory of all the finery that her new doll had, and imagine going into a shop and having clothes made specifically for a doll! 


As a child I played with dolls and was particularly taken with a My Child doll, it being, in my humble opinion, a prettier doll than the Cabbage Patch, which I wasn't allowed anyway!  But joy of joys it was possible to buy additional clothes for the My Child doll, fond memories and now my daughter happily plays with the doll too.

<> 
My lovely doll, name forgotton though!

Now as an adult and a mother of a daughter my dolly interests have piqued again.  At a young age it is already important for my daughter to be able to dress and undress her doll and being able to sew I could provide her doll with a selection of clothes appropriate for that days play. 


My intention is that this blog will be full of dolly goodness and give a little insight into my fledgling Etsy shop!


Thank you for stopping by,


The Dolls Dressmaker x

No comments:

Post a Comment